We have seasonal and permanent daytime positions (full or part-time) available. We operate Monday through Friday and some occasional Saturdays Hands-On Learning (HOL) is a distance learning technology and consulting company providing innovative STEM solutions to align higher education and private industry for effective workforce development. Headquartered at Science First in Yulee, Florida, it leads the industry in providing best-in-class solutions for distance learning laboratory experiences for STEM education.
This position involves inventory preparation/control, shipping/receiving, assembly/sub-assembly, shelving finished products and pulling inventory based on customer orders. Starting salary $12.00/hour. Full time positions include benefit package.
- Prepare & build products ensuring proper packaging to prevent damage during shipping;
- Build sub-assemblies, facilitate product completion & pull finished products from inventory as needed for shipping based on orders received;
- Operate general warehouse machinery safely. Machinery includes, but is not limited to, pallet jack, hand tools such as hammers, drills, screwdrivers, drill press, sanders, etc.,, package strapper, and copier;
- Assist in keeping the warehouse clean and tidy and other duties as assigned;
- Check paperwork for accuracy, confirm quantities & maintain quality standards;
- Adhere to company policies, procedures, & ethic codes to ensure non-compliance is reported.
Education and Experience:
- Must be 18 or older;
- Preferred: 6+ months of warehouse experience and/or product assembly experience;
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks & multitask with a high level of attention to detail;
- Excellent mathematical, counting, and spatial recognition skills;
- Prefer experience in safely operating and/or working around a forklift, pallet jack, or other machinery typically used in a warehouse and shipping/receiving area.
- Basic understanding of science terminology is a plus!
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently with limited supervision;
- Excellent work ethic, great attendance, professional demeanor, a sense of humor and a positive “can do” attitude;
- Effective time management and excellent verbal/written communication skills;
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced & frequently changing work environment;
- Aptitude to quickly learn company products, services, and general operations;
- Enthusiasm for a company that emphasizes Quality, Customer Focus, Timeliness & Teamwork!
Physical Demands: These must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- Requires moderate/strenuous physical work, standing/walking up to 8 hours a day;
- Must be able to lift, push/pull up to 25 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally;
- Must be able to maintain balance while carrying, pulling & placing items (up to 50 pounds) on shelves while using a rolling platform ladder (reaches heights over 9’);
- Must be able to grasp, hold & manipulate assembly parts of varying size/weight using hands/fingers daily and frequently. Some parts are very small;
- Vision abilities required include the ability to adjust focus & see a computer monitor;
- Required daily to talk and use listening skills, both in person and over the phone;
- Must wear steel toed shoes all day;
- Must be able to work in a non-climate controlled warehouse;
- May require the use of hand tools as listed above.
Applications are available at Science First, 86475 Gene Lasserre Blvd., Yulee, FL 32097